Saturday, April 11, 2020

A Bright Spot in a Pandemic World

Here's hoping you've been finding some 'bright spots' while this world-wide craziness has been going on!

My 'real job' is at my dining room table for the time being --  producing an hour-long television life-style show with help from my constant companion, Max (aka The Moose.) When he's not stealing my chair, or disapproving of my scripting, he's laying on my arms while I'm tapping away on a keyboard. When he's not nearby (read that 'clingy') he's howling through the house. (He loves the sound of his own voice!)

My other 'real job' is a daily radio newscast for a group of stations - my 'new' recording booth is now a Ford Focus - and yes, that is a SOCK I'm using as a windscreen for my iRig microphone set up.

While all this is happening, and I'm trying to make COVID 19 safety masks out of tea towels, I have a book coming out, Monday, April 20th!  (Finally! YAY for me!) If you're a follower of this blog, you know 'Known & Wanted' has been languishing in my laptop since a local sheriff uttered to me on the phone one very early morning, 'I'm just stepping out of the shower, Wendy...' A newsroom is full of distractions -- but this on by FAR the best distraction I'd ever experienced! You can see just a 'taste' of the cover here.

Of course, as always, I couldn't have completed this project without some affectionate butt-kicking from my writing-partner-in-crime, Deanna Wadsworth. Her book, 'Braving the Deep End' is a companion piece to 'K&W,' a story about Sheriff Eli Martin's son, Michael.

You can preorder both at any of your favorite reputable e-book sellers now, including Decadent Publishing.

And just for fun, if you haven't seen it, this YouTube video spoofing my adopted home state will surely make you laugh!





Enjoy life, stay safe, stay healthy and for right now, stay home and read a book!





     
  When not playing with the people in her head, Wendy has a full time job behind the scenes in television.  She lives with her cute chef husband and two fuzzy felines in the Great Lakes region of the Mid-West.  


No comments:

Post a Comment