Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teeter-tottering

Is that even a word?

Well, the actual last words have been entered into the laptop, which means for the moment, RESPITE is done. Well, at least for the time being. I'm waiting for input from my editor, which will mean tweaking, but that's okay...makes it a better story.

So, I'm UP on the teeter-totter: it's done, it's ready, it needs to be tweaked, polished, spit-shined. It's good...(coming down)...well, it's okay...is it my best, not sure at this moment.

So, I'm DOWN...it sucks and every reviewer in the world will tell me so. Tough skin - yeah, I got it, but those comments always find a crack in one's armor, don't they?

I have written all my life, but the turning point was standing in line at Kroger, perusing the novels - 'I can write this crap,' I said to myself. Now, I'm hoping no one says that about me!

There are plenty of more stories in this Gateway computer, and 100 fold more than that in my head---ONE of them has to be good, right?

I know...whatever, Wendy. (and you're saying SHUT UP! as well!)

(really, I'm okay...sometimes we all doubt ourselves!)

W

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, second guess yourself all you want, but the fact remains that you've written a BOOK! And it is being PUBLISHED!! This is a very good thing....

    ReplyDelete