Saturday, April 25, 2020

Real Pants, Real Shoes...

I put on REAL pants today, real shoes, a real bra, and a real shirt!  This, as opposed to my usual daily garb since somewhere around mid-week of March 16th, of sweats, a t-shirt, maybe a sports bra and either socks or slippers.

This 'working from home' situation is a blessing and a curse! I roll out of bed at the same time I would normally if headed 20 minutes or so to my actual workplace, but instead of some quiet time, or cranking Jon Secada or Toby Keith in the car (I know, strange combination), I head down 13 steps to the dining room table, my COVID-19 'stay at home order' makeshift cubicle. Of course, I'm not alone, Max & Wolfie are there, wondering why the hell I'm actually not leaving the house.

While they do keep me company, these two felines can be terribly judgmental.I mean, take a look at Wolf, you know he's thinking, Why don't you get the hell out of here!
That is, of course, when he's not keeping my chair warm, when I go for a leg-stretch and do a lap around the living room!

Max, on the other hand, is very 'hands on' when it comes to my daily television work. As you can see, he has a paw in every aspect of this show. From giving me 'a look' at my choice of words when it comes to scripting a tease, to actually helping me type those words. I didn't have carpal tunnel before, but if this 16 pound cat lays on my wrist any longer...


As you can see by the look on his classic orange tabby face, he's a bit serious when it comes to his managerial duties while I'm working from home.

In the meantime, there is reason to 'celebrate.' Known & Wanted, is waiting on an e-pub shelf near you, ready for purchase. One review says it's 'Awesome!!!' - yes, with three exclamation points (not my emphasis added!) So, grab yourself a copy, it would be greatly appreciated.

And come Monday, April 27th, my writing-partner-in-crime, Deanna Wadsworth's, companion story, Braving the Deep End is released, you can preorder it now if you like. Her story gives you a little more insight into the 'Martin' family of both books.

Here's hoping your favorite authors are keeping your mind off what's happening outside the confines of your home, and from being too overly concerned about the fall-out of this 'historic' event. The 'people in my head' have been keeping me company, forcing a paragraph or two into this laptop daily -- in the meantime, I'm gonna go crank out another 10 miles on my elliptical --  Joel C. Rosenberg is keeping my mind occupied, and soon, it'll be time to reread entire episodic series from Brad Thor, Vince Flynn/Kyle Mills, James Rollins and Mark Dawson.
                                                                  Happy quarantining!


  When not playing with the people in her head, Wendy has a full time job behind the scenes in television.  She lives with her cute chef husband and two fuzzy felines in the Great Lakes region of the Mid-West.  









No comments:

Post a Comment